Washington Public Employees' Extra Compensation, SJR 18 (1958)
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
Amendment 35 was a change to Section 25 of Article II of the Washington State Constitution. It was the 35th amendment approved to the (second) Washington State Constitution subsequent to its ratification in October 1889.
Before Amendment 35
- EXTRA COMPENSATION, PROHIBITED - The legislature shall never grant any extra compensation to any public officer, agent, servant, or contractor, after the services shall have been rendered, or the contract entered into, nor shall the compensation of any public officer be increased or diminished during his term of office.
After Amendment 35
- The legislature shall never grant any extra compensation to any public officer, agent, employee, servant, or contractor, after the services shall have been rendered, or the contract entered into, nor shall the compensation of any public officer be increased or diminished during his term of office. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to prevent increases in pensions after such pensions shall have been granted.
Text on the Ballot
PENSIONS AND EMPLOYEES' EXTRA COMPENSATION Shall Article II, Section 25 of the state constitution be amended to prohibit the legislature from granting any extra compensation to any public employee after the services have been rendered or the contract entered into and to provide that Article II, Section 25 shall not be deemed to prevent increases in pensions after such pensions have been granted?
- Washington 1958 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1958 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|