Washington School District Debt, SJR 8206 (1999)
The Washington School District Debt Amendment, also known as Senate Joint Resolution 8206, was on the November 2, 1999 ballot in Washington as an Initiative to the People, where it was approved. The measure permitted the state to guarantee payment of voter-approved school district debt. The measure amended Section 1 of Article VIII of the Washington Constitution.
|Washington SJR 8206 (1999)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Shall the constitution be amended to permit the state to guarantee payment of voter-approved general obligation debt of school districts, as authorized by law?||”|
- State of Washington election results
- State of Washington 1999 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1999 Voters Pamphlet", accessed September 3, 2013
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington State Constitution", accessed September 3, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |