Watkins Abbitt, Jr.
|Watkins Abbitt, Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 59|
|1986 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Lynchburg, VA|
Abbitt is the owner of Abbitt Realty and the Conner Insurance Agency.
- General Laws
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee (Chair)
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Standards of Conduct Subcommittee
- HB 2168 Stormwater offsets; authorizes permit-issuing authorities to allow permit holders to comply.
- HB 2169 Towing and Recovery Operators, Board of; membership, powers & duties relating to suspension, etc.
- HB 2390 Alcoholic beverage control; designates as agents of ABC Board any licensed distiller who blends.
Abbitt did not seek re-election in 2011.
In 2009, Abbitt, Jr. was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 59 (2009)|
|Watkins Abbitt, Jr. (I)||16,896|
Delegate Abbitt speaking at a tree dedication ceremony
The top 5 donors to Abbitt's 2009 campaign:
|Ontario Hardwood Co Inc||$5,000|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Assoc||$2,500|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc||$2,240|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$2,164|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,000|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 59
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |