Waupaca County, Wisconsin
- Main article: Evaluation of Wisconsin county websites
- Budget information is online.
- Meeting information is posted.
- The county directory lists contact information by department.
- Building permits and zoning information are available online.
- Audit information is online.
- Information on obtaining public records is provided, but there is no online search option.
- There is an online tax payment option and some further information, but no tax breakdown.
- There is no information on contracts or lobbying.
Waupaca County scored poorly on a public records audit performed by the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council in late 2008. "Of 20 records requests made in Calumet, Outagamie, Waupaca and Winnebago counties, ten were denied or encountered resistance. Statewide, three in ten requests were denied or not properly fulfilled."
The Waupaca County Police Department also failed the audit by denying access to a list of police calls to the local high school "because it would include information about juveniles."
See "Audit finds nearly 10% of open records requests denied or ignored" for more, and see the full 2008 Public Records Audit Results here.
- County Seats of Wisconsin
- Budget Information
- Meeting Information
- County Directory
- Zoning Information
- Waupaca County Public Records
- Online Tax Payment
- Fox Valley agencies score low in public records audit, Post Crescent, November 20, 2008
- 3 in 10 public-records requests in Wisconsin not properly fulfilled, Isthmus, November 19, 2008