|New Jersey General Assembly District 14|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Trenton, NJ|
|Profession||Assistant Business Manager, IBEW Local 269|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Endorsements
- 6 Personal
- 7 Recent news
- 8 Additional reading
- 9 External links
- 10 References
DeAngelo currently works as an Assistant Business Manager with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 269. Prior to his election to the Assembly he served on the Hamilton Township Council from 2001-2005.
Assemblyman DeAngelo discusses green energy and jobs
- A2138 Provides for mandatory life imprisonment for sexual assault upon a minor.
- A2139 Requires a State tax expenditure report be included in the Governor's annual budget message.
- A2493 "New Jersey Fair Debt Collection Practices Act."
- A3701 Requires all new State buildings to have solar or geothermal energy systems, where feasible.
National Political Awareness Test
DeAngelo's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. He did not answer the question to list his top priorities. 
DeAngelo ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 14. DeAngelo is bracketed with Benson in the June 4 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
DeAngelo won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Daniel Benson ran unopposed in the June 7 primary. They then defeated Sheree McGowan, Wayne Wittman, and Steven Welzer in the November 8 general election.
Asbury Park Press
District 14 is one of only three districts that the Asbury Park Press identified as competitive in 2011. The other two are Districts 2 and 38. Districts 2 and 38 may lean more Republican after 2011 redistricting, and District 14 may still favor Democrats. As evidence, they cite a drop in registered Democrats in Districts 2 and 38, and only a small decrease in registered Democrats in District 14. History has shown, argues APP, that districts where Democrats hold less than a 10,000 registered voter advantage typically favor the GOP. The Democratic registration advantage in District 14 is roughly 21,000, (down from 25,000).
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Fourteenth Legislative District (2009)|
|Linda R. Greenstein (D)||37,958|
|Wayne P. DeAngelo (D)||35,791|
|Rob Calabro (R)||30,479|
|William T. Harvey, Jr. (R)||29,530|
In 2011, DeAngelo received $571,057 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Wayne DeAngelo's campaign in 2011|
|Total Raised in 2011||$571,057|
|Total Votes received in 2011||26,626|
|Cost of each vote received||$21.45|
Below are DeAngelo's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Electrical Workers Local 456||$16,400|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$14,700|
|Electrical Workers Local 400||$9,200|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
On August 4, the New Jersey AFL-CIO voted to deny 22 Democrats, most notably Senators Stephen Sweeney and Donald Norcross, their endorsement in the 2011 general election. Earlier this year, these Democrats crossed the aisle and voted in favor of preventing public employee unions from collectively bargaining for health benefits and pensions--a move opposed by state labor unions.
Although their endorsements were voted down, Sweeney and Norcross just barely missed the mark. A two-thirds vote of the endorsement convention is needed to bestow an official endorsement. Sweeney and Norcross fell short with 61% and 59%, respectively.
Four Assembly Democrats (also union officials) who voted against the revocation of bargaining rights received enthusiastic endorsements--Thomas Giblin, Wayne DeAngelo, Joseph Egan and Nelson Albano all received endorsements on August 4. No Republicans were endorsed by the AFL-CIO.
Mr. DeAngelo and his wife, Toni, have two daughters: Natalie and Julia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wayne + DeAngelo + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Wayne DeAngelo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Assemblyman Wayne DeAngelo Facebook profile
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. DeAngelo
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Assm. DeAngelo on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman DeAngelo
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman DeAngelo Issue Positions
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Asbury Park Press, "Race for Legislature is on," September 23, 2011
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- NJ Spotlight, Sweeney Denied State AFL-CIO Endorsement, Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |