For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 1|
Griffith is running for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of Alabama. The election is being held to replace Jo Bonner, who announced his resignation on May 23, 2013, in order to take a position as vice chancellor of government and economic development at the University of Alabama.
Griffith picked up a high-profile endorsement from Rep. Paul Ryan on August 7, 2013. "I've known Wells Griffith for a long time and consider him a true friend," said Ryan. "Wells is committed to moving our country and our party forward. His dedication to advancing conservative principles is admirable and he will be a strong conservative voice for South Alabama."
"Alabama's economy is dependent on being a right to work state, but Ryan keeps adding to a long record of limiting employee freedom and driving up costs via support for the horrible Davis-Bacon law and other suck-ups to union bosses," Hillyer said.
"I have been a longtime admirer of Paul Ryan, but he has increasingly proved to be a disappointment and out of touch with Alabama values," Hillyer said. "Ryan is the driving force in the House for amnesty, against the principles laid out by our own Senator Jeff Sessions. If one of my opponents wants a leftward-moving Paul Ryan, he can have him."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wells + Griffith + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- AL.com "Republican Wells Griffith to run for AL-01 congressional seat" Accessed July 10, 2013
- blog.al.com, "BREAKING: Rep. Jo Bonner resigning from Congress," May 23, 2013
- Al.com "Rep. Paul Ryan backs Wells Griffith in AL-01 congressional race" Accessed August 7, 2013
- Madison.com, "Paul Ryan ripped by conservative after endorsement in Alabama congressional race," accessed August 19, 2013
- AL.com, "Paul Ryan starts a ruckus in Alabama congressional race," accessed August 19, 2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|