Wendy Jo Harmston
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 40|
In a public forum with all District 40 candidates, Harmston said on taxes that, "She is in favor of reducing income taxes for both the personal and corporate rate, which is 'different than giving corporations the tax-incentive breaks that we hear.' She expressed skepticism about corporate tax breaks because it is 'unproven whether we really have created and retained more jobs across the board.'"
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Jaime Andrade defeated Nancy Schiavone, Aaron Goldstein, Mark Pasieka and Wendy Jo Harmston in the Democratic primary. Andrade was unchallenged in the general election. Melanie "Mel" Ferrand (D) was removed from the ballot on January 7, 2014, and Bart Goldberg (D) withdrew from the race on January 13, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Wendy + Harmston + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- progressillinois.com, "Candidates In Crowded 40th District Race Talk Pension Reform, Other Issues," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |