White Pigeon School District Sinking Fund Levy Renewal (May 2012)
This measure was approved overall.
- YES 46
- NO 133 
- YES 595
- NO 271
This measure sought to renew the current school sinking fund which is set at a rate of 3 mills for a further five years in order to continue to pay for building and site upgrades as needed in the district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|hall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property in White Pigeon Community Schools, St. Joseph and Cass Counties, Michigan, be increased by and the board of education be authorized to levy not to exceed 3 mills ($3.00 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 5 years, 2012 to 2016, inclusive, to continue to provide for a sinking fund for the construction or repair of school buildings; developing and improving sites; and all other pruposes authorized by law; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2012 is approximately $1,024,106 (this is a renewal of millage which expired with the 2011 tax levy)?|
- Cass County Elections, Current Election Results
- Kalamazoo News, "White Pigeon voters OK renewing 3-mill sinking fund for school facilities," May 8, 2012
- Kalamazoo Gazette, "Absentee ballots now available for May 8 election; five Kalamazoo-area school districts voting on multi-million tax requests," April 9, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, Public Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.