|Kentucky State Senate District 3|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Christian County (1999)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky (2003)|
|J.D.||University of Kentucky (2006)|
Westerfield earned his J.D. from the University of Kentucky. His professional experience includes running his own private law practice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Westerfield served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
|• Veterans, Military Affairs, and Public Protection, Vice-chair|
Westerfield's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Farmers need an elected official that will protect their industry from burdensome regulation and costly taxation – costs that are carried on the shoulders of each of us at the grocery."
- Excerpt:" The changes to the penal code have removed much of the disincentive to possess or traffic in controlled substances."
Protection Of Life
- Excerpt:"Protecting our unborn may not be popular, and may be difficult under certain circumstances, but those children are lives worthy of protection nonetheless."
- Excerpt:"Gambling and gaming is tempting as a possible way out for the very people in the Commonwealth who have the least means to gamble with. The costs to our families and communities is far too great for any revenue the gaming lobby promises it can deliver."
- Excerpt:"God made marriage a sacred union between a man and a woman, and I will never recognize a different standard."
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2012
Westerfield won election in the 2012 election for Kentucky State Senate District 3. He ran unopposed in the primary on May 22, 2012, and defeated Joey Pendleton in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Kentucky State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joey Pendleton Incumbent||49.6%||18,160|
Comprehensive donor information for Westerfield is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Westerfield raised a total of $107,518 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Whitney Westerfield's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kentucky State Senate, District 3||$107,518|
|Grand Total Raised||$107,518|
2012Westerfield won election to the Kentucky State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Westerfield raised a total of $107,518.
|Kentucky State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Whitney Westerfield's campaign in 2012|
|Kentucky Republican Party||$38,221|
|Senate Republican Caucus Campaign Cmte||$35,072|
|Reinventing A New Direction - Randpac||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$107,518|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Westerfield has a wife, Amanda.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Whitney + Westerfield + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Whitney Westerfield on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
Joey Pendleton (D)
|Kentucky StateSenate District 3
| Succeeded by|