For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "William "Sam" McCann"
m (Text replace - "has been appointed to" to "served on")
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
Revision as of 14:08, 25 January 2013
|William "Sam" McCann|
|Illinois State Senate District 49|
|January 12, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
McCann owns and operates McCann Construction Company, a general contractor serving central Illinois and eastern Missouri. In 2007, he served as President of the Home Builders Association of Illinois; in 2004, he was President of the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association. McCann and his wife, Vicki, have two young children. He attended Lewis & Clark Community College and Blackburn College.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McCann won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 50. McCann defeated Gray Noll in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||William "Sam" McCann||100%||81,976|
|Illinois State Senate, District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 (2010)|
|William "Sam" McCann (R)||35,614||51.36%|
|Deanna Demuzio (D)||33,733||48.64%|
The primary election was on February 2, 2010 and the general election was on November 2. Many political experts view the race between McCann and DeMuzio as one of the most expensive out of all contested in 2010.
McCann was endorsed by the Chicago Tribune.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, McCann raised $1,026,656 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Republican State Senate Campaign Cmte Of Illinois||$428,352|
|Illinois Republican Party||$184,985|
|Mccann Construction Co||$54,823|
|Brahler Ii, Richard||$47,356|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term William + McCann + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
McCann and his wife Vikki have two children.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- thetelegraph.com, "Republican announces candidacy for 50th Senate seat," September 14, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- Chicago Press Release "Downstate House Races Proving Expensive Battlegrounds"
- Chicago Tribune Endorsement
- 2010 contributions
|Illinois Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|