William "Sam" McCann
|William "Sam" McCann|
|Illinois State Senate District 49|
|January 12, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
McCann owns and operates McCann Construction Company, a general contractor serving central Illinois and eastern Missouri. In 2007, he served as President of the Home Builders Association of Illinois; in 2004, he was President of the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association. McCann and his wife, Vicki, have two young children. He attended Lewis & Clark Community College and Blackburn College.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McCann, current District 49 incumbent, is running for re-election to the Senate in District 50 in the 2012. McCann is running against Steven Dove and Gray Noll in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Larry Bomke is not running for re-election to District 50 in 2012. The general election is on November 6. 
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 (2010)|
|William "Sam" McCann (R)||35,614||51.36%|
|Deanna Demuzio (D)||33,733||48.64%|
The primary election was on February 2, 2010 and the general election was on November 2. Many political experts view the race between McCann and DeMuzio as one of the most expensive out of all contested in 2010.
McCann was endorsed by the Chicago Tribune.
McCann and his wife Vikki have two children.
In 2010, McCann raised $1,026,656 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Republican State Senate Campaign Cmte Of Illinois||$428,352|
|Illinois Republican Party||$184,985|
|Mccann Construction Co||$54,823|
|Brahler Ii, Richard||$47,356|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Duffy + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- McCann's campaign website
- Illinois Senate - William McCann
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- thetelegraph.com, "Republican announces candidacy for 50th Senate seat," September 14, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- Chicago Press Release "Downstate House Races Proving Expensive Battlegrounds"
- Chicago Tribune Endorsement
- 2010 contributions
|Illinois Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|