William "Sam" McCann
|William "Sam" McCann|
|Illinois State Senate, District 49|
| Assumed office|
January 12, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
McCann owns and operates McCann Construction Company, a general contractor serving central Illinois and eastern Missouri. In 2007, he served as President of the Home Builders Association of Illinois; in 2004, he was President of the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association. McCann and his wife, Vicki, have two young children. He attended Lewis & Clark Community College and Blackburn College.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCann has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 (2010)|
|William "Sam" McCann (R)||35,614||51.36%|
|Deanna Demuzio (D)||33,733||48.64%|
The primary election was on February 2, 2010 and the general election was on November 2. Many political experts view the race between McCann and DeMuzio as one of the most expensive out of all contested in 2010.
McCann was endorsed by the Chicago Tribune.
McCann and his wife Vikki have two children.
- Illinois Senate - William McCann
- McCann's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- McCann's facebook
- Illinois State Board of Elections Nov. 2, 2010 general election listing
|Illinois Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|