|New York State Assembly District 55|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Boyland's professional experiences include intern for United States Congressmen Major Owens; intern for United States Congressman "Ed" Towns; and staff for Commonwealth of Virginia, Governor Douglass Wilder.
Boyland attended Virginia State University.
Allegations of corruption
On March 10, 2011, Boyland surrendered to federal authorities after being charged with corruption as the result of an FBI investigation. The 53-page criminal complaint details two schemes, one that Boyland was allegedly involved in. Charges were also filed against state Senator Carl Kruger and six others.
The complaint accuses David Rosen of MediSys Health Systems and Robert Aquino of Parkway Hospital of allegedly trying to bribe Kruger in return for getting a proposed merger passed, while Boyland is accused of accepting a no-show job for his role in the deal.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Boyland ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Robert Marshall (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 55 2010|
|William Boyland (D)||15,332|
|Robert Marshall (R)||543|
On November 4, 2008 Boyland won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 55, defeating opponent Jonathan Anderson (R).
Boyland raised $0 for his campaign while Anderson raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 55 2008|
|William Boyland (D)||27,326|
|Jonathan Anderson (R)||516|
In 2008, a year in which Boyland was up for re-election, he collected $0 in donations.
- Subcommittee on Outreach and Oversight of Senior Citizen Programs
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. William Boyland
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Boyland
- New York Times, "2 State Legislators Surrender in Corruption Case," March 10, 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "Eight Charged in Albany Bribery Scheme," March 10, 2011
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- 2008 contributions to William Boyland
|New York Assembly - District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |