|New York State Assembly District 47|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Colton's professional experience is as a lawyer and public school teacher.
Colton earned a BA in Urban Education from Saint John's University; a MS in Urban Education from Brooklyn College and a JD from Saint John's School of Law. He is married to Mary and has two stepchildren; Jennifer and Joseph.
On November 4, 2008 Colton won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 47, defeating opponent Russell Gallo (R).
Colton raised $140,097 for his campaign while Gallo raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 47 2008|
|William Colton (D)||14,949|
|Russell Gallo (R)||5,627|
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. William Colton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |