|Illinois State Senate District 2|
|2006 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1999 - 2006|
|Birthday||October 31, 1956|
|Place of birth||Newark, New Jersey|
Delgado graduated with his Bachelor's degree from Northeastern University.
Before becoming a Senator, Delgado was a representative in the Illinois House of Representatives from 1999 to 2006.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Delgado served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Government Reform
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Delgado served on these committees:
- Appropriations I
- Committee of the Whole
- Executive Appointments
- Government Reform
- Human Services
- Public Health
Munoz also holds sub-committee assignments for:
- Subcommittee on Amendments.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Delgado won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 2. He was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated write-in candidate Ronald J. Baltierra (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||William Delgado Incumbent||100%||46,976|
|Republican||Ronald J. Baltierra||0%||6|
|Illinois State Senate, District 2 (2008)|
|William Delgado (D)||42,002|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Delgado collected $277,465 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$40,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$11,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$10,000|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$7,000|
|Citizen to Reflect Joseph Berrios||$7,000|
|Sacred Heart Hospital||$6,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$6,000|
|Maldonado for Congress||$5,000|
|26th Ward Democratic Organization||$5,000|
|City Investors LLC||$4,500|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$4,300|
|Citizens for John Cullerton||$4,000|
|Gabriel Lopez & Associates||$4,000|
|Illinois Society of Professional Engineers||$4,000|
|Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists||$3,500|
|Chicago Principals & Administrators Association||$3,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Delgado received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term William + Delgado + Illonois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Delgado represents Illinois Senate District 2. Senate District 2 includes the West Side of Chicago.
William and his wife Iris have two children and reside in Chicago.
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Delgado Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|