|U.S. House, Illinois, District 12|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois; Southern Illinois University|
|Master's||Southern Illinois University School of Law, United States Army War College|
|J.D.||Southern Illinois University (Carbondale)|
|Service/branch||US Air Force, Illinois National Guard|
|Years of service||1969-1975, 1982-2012|
|Birthday||Sept. 22, 1949|
|Place of birth||Tuscola, Illinois|
|Religion||United Church of Christ|
Enyart grew up in Tuscola, Illinois where he attended schools. He won a scholarship to the University of Illinois, but flunked out after one year. He joined the United States Air Forced in 1969 and left active duty to attend Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville) where he studied political science and journalism. After he graduated he worked for the Belleville News-Democrat which then led him to enroll at the Southern Illinois University's School of Law. He then worked at his own practice for some years before going back to school and earning his mater's degree from the Army War College. He had joined the Army National Guard in 1982, so his mater's degree gave him the rank of General where he became the adjutant general of the state National Guard. He then decided to run for office, though is still in the National Guard.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Enyart's academic, professional and political career:
- 2007-2012: Adjutant general, Illinois National Guard
- 1982-2012: Army National Guard
- 1979-2007: Attorney at Law
- 2000: Graduated U.S. Army War College, earned a M.S.S.
- 1991-1997: President and COO, Doc’s Distributing
- 1978-1979: Southern Illinois University (Carbondale), earned a J.D.
- 1973-1975: Air Force Reserves
- 1974: Graduated University of Illinois; Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville), earned a B.A.
- 1969-1973: Air Force Service
Enyart serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Agriculture
- Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Subcommittee on Livestock, Rural Development and Credit
- Committee on Armed Services
Enyart won the election, defeating Jason Plummer and Paula Bradshaw. Enyart ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 12th District. Enyart replaced primary winner Brad Harriman after he withdrew from the race in May. He faced Jason Plummer (R) and Paula Bradshaw (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 12 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|District 12 Representative Election|
|Poll||William Enyart||Jason Plummer||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|"District 11 Poll" September 11-13||49%||41%||0%||+/-5||400|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|William Enyart Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$0||$177,490||$(755.75)||$176,734.25|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2012||$176,734.25||$464,989.08||$(511,169.89)||$130,553.44|
|Pre-General||October 25, 2012||$130,553.44||$212,134.48||$(220,862)||$121,825.92|
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Enyart's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $1,461,055 and $3,843,000. That averages to $2,652,027, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic Representatives in 2011 of $5,107,874.
Enyart and his wife Annette have two sons together.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Works by or about:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- National Journal, "Illinois, 12th House District," November 6, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- List of active candidates
- FEC Reports "William Enyart Summary Reports" Accessed October 3, 2012
- FEC Reports "July Quarterly" Accessed October 3, 2012
- FEC Reports "October Quarterly" Accessed November 23, 2012
- FEC Reports "Pre-General" Accessed November 23, 2012
- OpenSecrets.org, "Enyart (D-Ill), 2011"
- Enyart for Congress, "About," Accessed October 4, 2012
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |