|Illinois State Senate District 56|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Haine graduated from Saint Louis University with his Bachelor's degree in 1967 and his Juris Doctor degree in 1974.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Haine has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Criminal Law Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Insurance Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Health Care Licensing
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Criminal Law)
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Haine served on these committees:
- Criminal Law
- Insurance Chairman
- Licensed Activities
- Telecommunications and Technology .
On December 1, 2010, the Illinois Senate voted 31-20 in favor of a plan that allows for five additional casinos and electronic gaming at horse track facilities, increasing the number of licenses for casinos in the state to 15.
Under the plan, new casinos would operate in Chicago, southern Cook County, Danville, Rockford and Waukegan.
"Is it a huge expansion? Yes, I'm not going to deny it. But we have a huge deficit in the state of Illinois, we have got huge problems in the state of Illinois, so you don't look at little things to fix it, you look at big things to fix it," said the bill's sponsor, Sen. Terry Link, D-Waukegan.
Lawmakers like Haine would prefer another way to increase revenue.
|Illinois State Senate, District 56 (2008)|
|William Haine (D)||82,672|
In 2008, Haine collected $314,969 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois||$18,202|
|Illinois Education Association||$13,250|
|Penn National Gaming||$10,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$7,000|
|Illinois Realtors Associatoin||$6,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$5,000|
|Illinois Life Insurance Council||$5,000|
|Thomad Q. Keefe Jr. P. C.||$4,150|
|Illinois Insurance Association||$4,000|
|Property Casualty Insurers Association||$3,500|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$3,500|
|Unicare Life & Health Insurance||$3,500|
|Southern Illinois District Council of Carpenters||$3,450|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$3,400|
|Illinois Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors||$3,250|
|Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Co.||$3,000|
Haine represents Illinois Senate District 56. District 56 includes the St. Louis Area suburbs in Illinois including Alton and East St. Louis.
William is married to Anna Haine. They have seven children and reside in Alton, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Sen. Haine on State Surge
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- "Senate OKs new gaming rules in Illinois," Illinois Statehouse News, December 1, 2010
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Haine Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 56
| Succeeded by|