Difference between revisions of "William Magnarelli"
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
|Line 166:||Line 170:|
Revision as of 15:50, 17 August 2012
|New York State Assembly District 120|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||15|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Syracuse University, 1970|
|J.D.||Syracuse University Law School, 1973|
|Place of birth||Syracuse, NY|
Magnarelli is a member of Scolaro, Shulman, Cohen, Fetter, and Burnstein Professional Corporation. His other professional experiences are as an associate with Richard S. Scolaro, Esquire; captain in the United States Army Reserves; and an associate of Axenfeld, Webb, Marshall, Bersani and Scolaro.
Magnarelli earned a BA in history from Syracuse University and a JD from Syracuse University Law School. He and his wife, Karen, have three children; Lisa, Bill, and Ann.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Magnarelli has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Magnarelli served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Magnarelli is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 129. He is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Working Families Party and [[Independence Party of New York State tickets. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Magnarelli ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Rick Guy (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 120 2010|
|William Magnarelli (D)||18,915|
|Rick Guy (R)||11,096|
On November 4, 2008 Magnarelli won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 120, defeating opponent Kristen Rounds (R).
Magnarelli raised $142,701 for his campaign while Rounds raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 120 2008|
|William Magnarelli (D)||33,668|
|Kristen Rounds (R)||10,549|
In 2010, Magnarelli received $184,839 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to William Magnarelli's campaign in 2010|
|Green & Seifter||$4,800|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Berkley Acquisitions LLC||$3,600|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$184,839|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "William + Magnarelli + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. William Magnarelli
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 120
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |