Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 120|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Syracuse University, 1970|
|J.D.||Syracuse University Law School, 1973|
|Date of birth||03/20/1949|
|Place of birth||Syracuse, NY|
Magnarelli is a member of Scolaro, Shulman, Cohen, Fetter, and Burnstein Professional Corporation. His other professional experiences are as an associate with Richard S. Scolaro, Esquire; captain in the United States Army Reserves; and an associate of Axenfeld, Webb, Marshall, Bersani and Scolaro.
Magnarelli earned a BA in history from Syracuse University and a JD from Syracuse University Law School. He and his wife, Karen, have three children; Lisa, Bill, and Ann.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Magnarelli has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Magnarelli served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Ethics and Guidance Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Magnarelli ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Rick Guy (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 120 2010|
|William Magnarelli (D)||18,915|
|Rick Guy (R)||11,096|
On November 4, 2008 Magnarelli won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 120, defeating opponent Kristen Rounds (R).
Magnarelli raised $142,701 for his campaign while Rounds raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 120 2008|
|William Magnarelli (D)||33,668|
|Kristen Rounds (R)||10,549|
- New York Assembly - Rep. William Magnarelli
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 120
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |