Revision as of 11:28, 13 March 2014 by JoelW
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 18|
Parks' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Stop Foreclosures
- Excerpt: "There must be a moratorium on foreclosures. This can be done in a way that stops the erosion of property values. Homeowners in foreclosure need to be given an opportunity to purchase their home at the current market value."
- Excerpt: "We need to protect what we have now and bring about improvements without harming the parts of Healthcare that are working. We can build on what is working and improve our system by expanding our current single payer programs and adding where it is necessary."
- Tax The Rich
- Excerpt: "Our current tax system is unfair and amounts to welfare for the rich. The current deficit problem was created by tax cuts for the rich. Prior to when George Bush was elected president, we had a balanced budget for seven years and no deficit."
- Social Security
- Excerpt: "There should be no cuts to Social Security. The program is solvent. Any effort to cut Social Security is to divert funds to the general revenue and will be used by a corrupt government to increase corporate welfare. Social Security can continue as it is for the next 25 years."
- Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "We must protect our civil and Constitutional rights. There has been a constant erosion since 2000. We need to bring back habeas corpus and due process."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "William + Parks + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.