|Alabama House of Representatives District 16|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Thigpen currently works as an insurance Agent for Thigpen Insurance. He previously owned Thigpen Ford Mercury from 1994-2002, and served as a Major in the Alabama Air Reserve and National Guard from 1958-1986.
Thigpen's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Thigpen formerly served on the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Financial Services (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|Daniel Boman (R)||7,451|
|William Thigpen (D)||6,379|
Thigpen raised $66,938 for his campaign.
In 2006, Thigpen collected $66,938 in donations.
Below are Thigpen's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of Alabama||$3,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$2,000|
- Alabama Legislature - William Thigpen
- Project Vote Smart - William Thigpen
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
|Alabama House District 16
| Succeeded by|
Daniel H. Boman
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|