For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 16|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Thigpen currently works as an insurance Agent for Thigpen Insurance. He previously owned Thigpen Ford Mercury from 1994-2002, and served as a Major in the Alabama Air Reserve and National Guard from 1958-1986.
Thigpen's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Thigpen formerly served on the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Financial Services (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|Daniel Boman (R)||7,451|
|William Thigpen (D)||6,379|
Thigpen raised $66,938 for his campaign.
In 2006, Thigpen collected $66,938 in donations.
Below are Thigpen's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of Alabama||$3,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$2,000|
- Alabama Legislature - William Thigpen
- Project Vote Smart - William Thigpen
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
|Alabama House District 16
| Succeeded by|
Daniel H. Boman
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|