Wisconsin's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
The 2nd congressional district of Wisconsin will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012.
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline January 20, 2012. The primary elections will be held on August 14, 2012.
- No candidates have declared an intent to run yet.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Wisconsin
Following the 2010 Census, Wisconsin is keeping its 8 congressional seats. In redistricting, the Wisconsin Legislature sought to even out the districts, which due to the census information, required making the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd districts smaller, and making the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th larger. The new district map was signed into law on August 9, 2011.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Wisconsin, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Wisconsin, 2012
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel "Tammy Baldwin enters race for open Senate seat," Accessed December 8, 2011
- Wisconsin State Journal "State Reps. Kelda Helen Roys, Mark Pocan to run for Congress," Accessed December 8, 2011
- The Capitol Times "Dane County treasurer enters race for Congress," Accessed December 8, 2011
- Badger Herald "UW grad enters congressional race against Madison reps," Accessed December 8, 2011
- Joe Kopsick Campaign Site Accessed December 8, 2011