For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin Commissioner of Insurance
The position was created by the legislature in 1871 to ensure that the insurance industry "responsibly and adequately met the insurance needs of Wisconsin citizens." Presently, the mission of the office is to lead the way in informing and protecting the public and responding to its insurance needs.
The current officeholder is Ted Nickel.
The main duties included in the office are: 
- Reviewing insurance policies that are sold in the state to make sure they meet the requirements set forth in Wisconsin law
- Conducting examinations of domestic and foreign insurers to ensure compliance with Wisconsin laws and rules
- Monitoring the financial solvency of licensed companies to make sure that consumers have the insurance coverage they expect when they need it
- Issuing licenses to the various parties involved in selling and marketing insurance products
- Assisting insurance consumers with their insurance problems
- Researching special insurance issues to understand and assess their impact on the state
- Providing technical assistance on legislation and promulgating administrative rules to interpret insurance laws
- Creating and distributing public information and consumer education pieces to educate people about insurance
- Operating a state life insurance fund, a property fund for the property owned by local units of government, and a patients compensation fund insuring health care providers for medical malpractice