Wisconsin Constitution Ratification Referendum, Question 1 (1848)
Revision as of 22:38, 24 July 2013 by JWilliams
This referendum ratified the Wisconsin Constitution of 1848.
Official results via: Wisconsin Blue Book 2011 - 2012
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- The two statements would have been printed on separate tickets to put in a ballot box.
Path to the ballot
- Submission to the People: Article XIV, Section 9 of The Wisconsin Constitution of 1848
- The Wisconsin Constitution of 1848
- Timeline of the 1847-1848 constitutional convention.
- "Wisconsin’s Constitutional Conventions" by the Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau
- "The Making of the Wisconsin Constitution" by the State Bar of Wisconsin