Wisconsin Constitutional Convention Referendum, Question 2 (1866)
Revision as of 23:14, 24 July 2013 by JWilliams
This referendum sought the people's approval to hold a convention to revise the Wisconsin constitution.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- The two statements would have been printed on separate tickets to put in a ballot box.
- The state legislature thought the state constitution should be updated to better reflect the demands of the people.
Path to the ballot
- Submission to the People: Joint Resolution 6 (1866)
- General Election Notice inThe Waukasha Freeman, October 30, 1866
- Joint Resolution 6 of 1866
- Amendments submitted to the people - Annual Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Wisconsin (1866)