Wisconsin County Government Uniformity and Veto Power Amendment, Question 1 (April 1969)
- This amendment modified Article IV, Section 23 of the Wisconsin Constitution to create an exemption to the requirement for uniformity of county government under constitutional law, and gives county executives veto power.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1970
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall sections 23 and 23a of article IV of the constitution be amended to provide that the requirement for uniformity of county government shall not apply to the administrative means o( exercising powers of a local legislative character conferred by the constitution upon county boards and that the legislature may provide for all counties to have an elected chief executive officer with veto power?"
(Article IV) Section 23. The legislature shall establish but one system of town and county government, which shall be as nearly uniform as practicable, except that the requirement of uniformity shall not apply to the administrative means of exercising powers of a local legislative character conferred by section 22 upon the boards of supervisors of the several counties; but the legislature may provide for the election at large once in every
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 18 & JR 49 (1967)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 8 & JR 2 (1969)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1970
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice Of Presidential Preference, Judicial, State Supervisor of Schools and Referendum Election April 1,1969" Wisconsin State Journal, March 31, 1969
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |