Wisconsin Forestry Funding and Taxes Amendment, Question 3 (April 1968)
- This amendment modified Article VII, Section 10 of the Wisconsin Constitution to allow the legislature to appropriate funds for forestry purposes from sources other than property tax.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1970
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall article VIII, section 10 of the constitution be amended to permit additional appropriations for statewide forestry purposes when deemed necessary by by the legislature from sources other than a tax on property?"
(Article VIII) Section 10. The state shall never contract any debt for works of internal improvement, or be a party in carrying on such works; but whenever grants of land or other property shall have been made to the state, especially dedicated by the grant to particular works of internal improvement, the state may carry on such particular works and shall devote thereto the avails of such grants, and may pledge or appropriate the revenues derived from such works in aid of their completion. Provided, that the state may appropriate money in the treasury or to be thereafter raised by taxation for the construction or improvement of public highways or the development. improvement and construction of airports or other aeronautical projects or the acquisition, improvement or construction o£ veterans' housing or the improvement of port facilities. Provided, that the state may appropriate moneys for the purpose of acquiring, preserving and developing the forests of the state; but
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: SJR 28 & JR 43 (1965)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 18 & JR 25 (1967)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1970
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice Of Presidential Preference, Judicial, County Supervisor And Referendum Election April 2,1968" Wisconsin State Journal, March 25, 1968
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |