For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin General Banking Law Referendum, Question 2 (1867)
Revision as of 14:28, 9 June 2012 by Polycal
- This referendum modified the general banking law in regard to circulation of its money and interest on loans.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
For amendment to the banking law
Against amendment to the banking law
- The two statements would have been printed on separate tickets to put in a ballot box.
Path to the ballot
- The law was enacted under Chapter 143 of the general laws of 1866, however, no provision was made to submit it to the people as was required by the Wisconsin constitution at the time. Therefore, that was revised under Joint Resolution 12 of 1867, and the law was submitted to the people by the Secretary of State.
- "General Election Notice in the Daily Milwaukee News, October 16, 1867
- Chapter 143 in the Wisconsin General Laws of 1866
- Annotated Statues of Wisconsin, 1889, with notes on the passage of this measure.