Wisconsin Justice of Peace Amendment, Question 2 (April 1966)
- This amendment modified Article VII, Section 2 and 15 of the Wisconsin Constitution to abolish the position of Justice of Peace and authorizes establishment of inferior courts.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1968
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall sections 2 and 15 of article VII of the state constitution be amended so as to abolish the constitutional office of justice of the peace and authorize the establishment of inferior courts?"
(Article VII) Section 2. The judicial power of this state, both as to matters of law and equity, shall be vested in a supreme court, circuit courts, and courts of probate
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: SJR 32 & JR 48 (1963)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 26 & JR 50 (1965)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1968
- "Sample Ballot for Judicial and Municipal Spring Election - Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin, April 5,1966" Capital Times, April 4, 1966
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |