Wisconsin Local Debt Limit for Large Counties, Question 1 (1960)
- This amendment modified Article XI, Section 3 of the Wisconsin Constitution to set a debt limit at 5% of equalized property value for large counties.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 3 of article XI of the constitution be amended so that the limitation on the indebtedness of counties having a population of 500,000 or over shall be based on the value of taxable property in such county as equalized for state purposes rather than on the local assessed value of such property, the method of determining equalized value for state purposes to be provided by the legislature?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: SJR 47 & JR 59 (1957)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 53 & JR 32 (1959)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
- "Sample Ballot -- General Election - Madison, Dane County, Wis., November 8, 1960," The Wisconsin State Journal, November 7, 1960
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |