Wisconsin Municipal Eminent Domain Amendment, Question 1 (1948)
- This amendment sought to modify Article XI, Section 2 of the Wisconsin Constitution to allow municipalities to take private property for public use without the necessary use of a jury.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1950
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 2 of article XI of the constitution be amended so as to give municipal corporations the right to take private property for public use without the necessity of such taking being first established by a jury?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: SJR 30 & JR 89 (1945)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 15 & JR 48 (1947)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1950
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice of Presidential, Referendum, and General Election," The Milwaukee Journal, November 2, 1948
- Explanation of the Amendments by the Milwaukee County Board of Election Commissioners, The Milwaukee Journal, Oct. 25, 1948
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |