For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin Municipal Eminent Domain Amendment, Question 5 (April 1961)
Revision as of 13:59, 9 June 2012 by Polycal
- This amendment modified Article XI, Section 2 of the Wisconsin Constitution to remove provision of jury verdict of necessity for municipal eminent domain, and grants legislature power to dictate by law instead.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 2 of article XI of the constitution, which presently provides that the necssity for condemnation by a city or village be established by a jury verdict, be amended to grant to the state legislature the same authority to prescribe the method by which such necessity shall be established for cities and villages as it now has with respect to other units of government and public utilities?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 22 & JR 47 (1959)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 8 & JR 12 (1961)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice of Judicial, School Superintendent and Referenda Election, Dane County, April 4, 1961," The Capital Times, March 27, 1961