Wisconsin Presidential Voting Rights, Question 1 (1978)
- This question was part of two combined questions on the November 1978 ballot which sought to update Wisconsin laws in accordance with federal mandates regarding voting rights. This question specifically sought the voters approval to permit all bona fide residents of Wisconsin, regardless of length of residency, to vote for president and vice president.
|Question 1 - Presidential Voting|
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1979-1980
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall state law be amended to permit all bona fide residents of this state who qualify as voters to vote for president and vice president, regardless of the length of their residency, as required by federal law?"
Path to the ballot
- The referendum was placed on the ballot under Ch.394 (Section 55) of 1977
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1978-1980
- Chapter 394, Laws of 1977
- "The City of Milwaukee Sample ballot - November 7, 1978", The Milwaukee Journal, November 6, 1978
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |