For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin Property Tax Payment Methods Amendment, Question 1 (April 1941)
Revision as of 12:41, 1 February 2013 by JWilliams
- This amendment modified Article VIII, Section 1 of the Wisconsin Constitution to allow cities, villages, and towns to collect and return property tax with methods such as installment payments.
|Wisconsin Question 1 (1941)|
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 1 of article VIII of the constitution be amended so that the legislature may empower cities, villages or towns to collect and return taxes on real estate located therein by optional methods including installment payments?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 37 & JR 88 (1939)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 15 & JR 18 (1941)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
- Sample Ballot in The Milwaukee Sentinel, March 31, 1941
- Explanation of the Amendments by the Milwaukee County Board of Election Commissioners in The Milwaukee Sentinel, March 31, 1941