Wisconsin Public Utility Financing Amendment, Question 4 (1932)
- This amendment amended Article XI, Section 3 of the constitution to allow municipalities to finance public utilities by mortgage or debt.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1933
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall Section 3 of Article XI of the constitution be amended to allow municipalities to finance public utilities by mortgaging the utility or its income instead of incurring a general indebtedness to be paid from taxes?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 61 & JR 74 (1929)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 14 & JR 71 (1931)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1933
- Sample ballot in The Milwaukee Sentinel, October 31, 1932
- Legal Notice of Elections in The Milwaukee Sentinel, October 28, 1932
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |