Wisconsin Sales Tax for Veterans Bonus Referendum, Question 2 (1948)
- This referendum sought to the people's opinion on whether the legislature should create a 3% retail sales tax to raise up to $200 million for WWII veterans bonuses.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1950
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall the legislature enact a 3 per cent retail sales tax to raise a total sum not to exceed $200,000,000 to be used to finance a bonus for veterans of World War II?"
Path to the ballot
- Legislative Approval: SJR 58 & JR 62 (1947)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1950
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice of Presidential, Referendum, and General Election," The Milwaukee Journal, November 2, 1948
- Explanation of the Amendments by the Milwaukee County Board of Election Commissioners, The Milwaukee Journal, Oct. 25, 1948
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |