Wisconsin Sheriff Term Limits Amendment, Question 1 (April 1946)
- This amendment sought to modify Article VI, Section 4 of the Wisconsin Constitution to remove term limit for successive terms of sheriffs.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1948
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 4 of article VI of the constitution be amended so as to permit sheriffs to serve more than 2 successive terms?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 6 & JR 36 (1943)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 10 & JR 47 (1945)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1948
- Explanation of the Amendments and Sample Ballot, The Milwaukee Journal, April 1, 1946
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |