Wisconsin Sheriff Term Limits Amendment, Question 2 (April 1961)
- This amendment sought to modify Article VI, Section 2 of the Wisconsin Constitution to remove term limit for successive terms of sheriffs.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 4 of article VI of the constitution be amended to permit the sheriff to serve any number of consecutive terms?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 31 & JR 48 (1959)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 7 & JR 9 (1961)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1962
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice of Judicial, School Superintendent and Referenda Election, Dane County, April 4, 1961," The Capital Times, March 27, 1961
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |