Difference between revisions of "Wisconsin State Assembly District 54"
(slp update; elections & references)
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|Voting age =
|Voting age =
|Median income =
|Median income =
Revision as of 18:40, 8 November 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 54|
|Current incumbent||Gordon Hintz|
|Voting age||80.7% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2014|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 54,863 civilians reside within Wisconsin's fifty-fourth state assembly district. Members of the Wisconsin State Assembly represent an average of 57,444 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 54,179 residents.
About the office
Section 6 of Article 4 of the Wisconsin Constitution states, "No person shall be eligible to the legislature who shall not have resided one year within the state, and be a qualified elector in the district which he may be chosen to represent."
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Wisconsin Legislature are paid $49,943/year. Legislators receive a maximum of $88/day per diem, set by the compensation commission. Based on the maximum, the leadership of each house determines what amount to authorize for each session.
In the event of a vacancy in the assembly, the Governor must call for a special election when allowed by law. Special elections to fill legislative vacancies cannot be held after February 1st preceding a spring election or September 1st preceding a fall election. If the vacancy happens before May 15th, the Governor must fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Elections for the office of Wisconsin State Assembly consisted of a primary election on August 14, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. Democratic incumbent Gordon Hintz defeated Republican Paul Esslinger in the general election. Both candidates were unopposed in the primary elections.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gordon Hintz Incumbent||59.9%||17,400|
- Public Mapping Project, Wisconsin 2010 Census Selected Statistics
- United State Census Bureau, "2010 Census Interactive Population Search"
- Population in 2000 of the American states
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Wisconsin Legislature, "Wisconsin Election Law," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 17.19 (1), Wisconsin Statutes)
- Wisconsin Legislature, "Wisconsin Election Law," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 8.50, Wisconsin Statutes)
- Wisconsin Legislature, "Wisconsin Election Law," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 8.50(4)-(d), Wisconsin Statutes)
- Wisconsin Secretary of State - 2012 General Election Candidates by Office
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, Official 2012 primary results
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |