Wisconsin Sunday Blue Law Repeal Referendum, Question 1 (April 1932)
- This referendum sought the people's opinion regarding repealing the "Sunday Blue Law."
- The "Sunday Blue Law" was a law protecting Sunday as a day of rest.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1933
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall sections 351.46 to 351.49 of the Wisconsin Statutes, popularly known as the "Sunday blue law," be repealed?"
Path to the ballot
- Legislative Approval: AJR 116 & JR 114 (1931)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1933
- Sample ballot in The Milwaukee Sentinel, April 4, 1932
- ["Wisconsin's Sunday laws to be Topic of Many Sermon's Here," The Milwaukee Journal, April 2
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |