Wisconsin Teacher Retirement Benefits Amendment, Question 1 (April 1956)
- This amendment modified Article IV, Section 26 of the Wisconsin Constitution to allow for increases in teacher retirement benefits when approved by the legislature on a three-forth vote.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1958
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall section 26 of article IV of the state constitution be amended so as to permit increased benefits for teachers under a teachers' retirement system when such increased benefits are provided by a legislative act passed on a call of yeas and nays by a three-forth vote of all members elected to both houses of the legislature?"
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: SJR 21 & JR 41 (1953)
- Second Legislative Approval: SJR 8 & JR 17 (1955)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1958
- Sample Ballot & Explanation of the Amendments by the Milwaukee County Board of Election Commissioners, The Milwaukee Journal, April 3, 1956
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |