For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin Teacher Tenure Law Repeal Referendum, Question 1 (April 1940)
- This amendment sought the people's opinion on whether to repeal a Wisconsin Statute known as the teacher tenure law.
The the teacher tenure law was repealed by the State Legislature.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Do you favor a repeal of section 39.40 of the Wisconsin statues known as the teacher tenure law?"
Path to the ballot
- Legislative Approval: AJR 67 & JR 100 (1939)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
- Sample Ballot in The Milwaukee Sentinel, April 1, 1940
- Explanation of the measure in the Milwaukee Sentinel, March 22, 1940
- "Teachers' Tenure Repeal Engrossed After Hot Debate," The Milwaukee Sentinel, Feb 28, 1941
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |