Wisconsin Teacher Tenure Law Repeal Referendum, Question 1 (April 1940)
This amendment sought the people's opinion on whether to repeal a Wisconsin Statute known as the teacher tenure law.
The teacher tenure law was repealed by the State Legislature.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Do you favor a repeal of section 39.40 of the Wisconsin statutes known as the teacher tenure law?"
Path to the ballot
- Legislative Approval: AJR 67 & JR 100 (1939)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1942
- Sample Ballot in The Milwaukee Sentinel, April 1, 1940
- Explanation of the measure in the Milwaukee Sentinel, March 22, 1940
- "Teachers' Tenure Repeal Engrossed After Hot Debate," The Milwaukee Sentinel, Feb 28, 1941
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |