Wisconsin Transportation Facility Improvement Funding Amendment, Question 2 (1976)
This amendment sought to modify Article VIII, Section 7(2)(a) and 10 of the Wisconsin Constitution to broaden the authority under which state funds may be appropriated to improving transportation facilities.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1977
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall article VIII, section 7(2)(a) and section 10, of the constitution be amended to broaden the existing authority under which state funds may be appropriated for highways, for airports and port facilities to apply, generally, to the development, improvement and construction of transportation facilities?"
[Article VIII] Section 7(2)(a). The state may contract public debt and pledges to the payment thereof its full faith, credit and taxing power to acquire, construct, develop, extend, enlarge or improve land, waters, property,
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 133 & JR 37 (1973)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 2 & JR 2 (1975)
- This amendment was originally placed on the ballot first in 1975. That version marginally lost after a recount. However, the election was ruled invalid by a the Dane County Circuit Court due to irregularities, and the amendment was ordered back on the ballot.
- 1976 ballot measures
- Wisconsin 1976 ballot measures
- List of Wisconsin ballot measures
- Wisconsin Transportation Facility Improvement Funding Amendment, Question 2 (April 1975)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1977
- "The City of Milwaukee - Sample Ballot - General Election Nov. 2, 1976," The Milwaukee Journal, October 25, 1976
- "2 Statewide Questions Pop Up Again on Ballot," The Milwaukee Sentinel, Oct 29, 1976
- "Transportation Referendum Returns to Voters for 2nd Time," The Milwaukee Journal, Oct 29, 1976
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |