For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Wisconsin Transportation Facility Improvement Funding Amendment, Question 2 (April 1975)
The Wisconsin Transportation Facility Improvement Funding Amendment was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the April 1, 1975 ballot in Wisconsin, where it was defeated after being declared invalid by the court.
This amendment sought to modify Article VIII, Section 7(2)(a) and 10 of the Wisconsin Constitution to broaden the authority under which state funds may be appropriated to improving transportation facilities.
|Overturned Case:Dane County Circuit Court|
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1975
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall article VIII, section 7(2)(a) and section 10, of the constitution be amended to broaden the existing authority under which state funds may be appropriated for highways, for airports and port facilities to apply, generally, to the development, improvement and construction of transportation facilities?"
[Article VIII] Section 7(2)(a). 1 [as affected by the veterans housing amendment] To acquire, construct, develop, extend, enlarge or improve land, waters, property,
Path to the ballot
- First Legislative Approval: AJR 133 & JR 37 (1973)
- Second Legislative Approval: AJR 2 & JR 2 (1975)
- 1975 ballot measures
- Wisconsin 1975 ballot measures
- List of Wisconsin ballot measures
- Wisconsin Transportation Facility Improvement Funding Amendment, Question 2 (1976)
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1975
- "Dane County Spring Election - April 1, 1975 - Information to Electors" Wisconsin State Journal, March 31, 1975
- "Let's Give Dueling Another Chance" Wisconsin State Journal, March 21, 1975 (Opinion)
- "Transportation Referendum Returns to Voters for 2nd Time," The Milwaukee Journal, Oct 29, 1976