Wisconsin Voting Rights for Former Residents, Question 3 (1962)
- This referendum sought the people's approval to give former Wisconsin residents the right to vote by absentee ballot in presidential elections for up to 24 months after moving out of the state.
Official results via: The Wisconsin Blue Book 1964
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
"Shall chapter 512 of the laws of 1961, entitled 'An act relating to the privilege of voting for presidential electors after moving from Wisconsin' be adopted?"
Text of the Section
Chapter 512 of the Laws of 1961 created a new Section 9.047 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Path to the ballot
- The referendum was placed on the ballot under Ch.512 of the Wisconsin Laws of 1961.
- The Wisconsin Blue Book 1964
- "Facsimile Ballot Notice General and Referendum Election - November 6, 1962" Wisconsin State Journal, November 5, 1962
- Ch.512 of the Wisconsin Laws of 1961
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |