Wyoming Department of Audit Director
|Wyoming Department of Audit Director|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013-2014 FY Budget:||$25,381,429|
|Name:||Jeffrey C. Vogel|
|Assumed office:||January 2012|
|Other Wyoming Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditors: Auditor • Director • Superintendent of Education • Director of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The Wyoming Auditor of State is a state executive position in the Wyoming state government. The Wyoming Department of Audit was created as part of the reorganization and commenced operations on July 1, 1989.
The Wyoming Department of Audit Director's powers, term of office, etc. are derived from Title 9, Chapter 2, Article 20 of the Wyoming Statutes.
Article 20, Section 03:
|9-2-2003. Department of audit created; director appointed; structure; authority; reporting.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Wyoming Department of Audit Director has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The Director of Audit is appointed to a six year term by a majority vote of the governor, secretary of state and the treasurer with the advice and consent of the senate. They can be removed from office by a majority of the same officers, "only for misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance in office."
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Wyoming Department of Audit Director has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The Department of Audit is responsible for the regulation of financial institutions, including auditing public agencies and local governments. The department is also responsible for conducting audits for the collection of federal and state mineral royalties, state mineral and excise taxes, and for coordinating auditing and other revenue matters.
The Wyoming Department of Audit has five main divisions:
- Excise Tax
- Mineral Audit
- Public Funds
The budget for the Department of Audit in Fiscal Year 2013-2014 is $35,761,497.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2013, the audit director's salary remained at $92,000.
|List of Former Officeholders from 1989-Present|
|2||Roger W. Dewey||1990-1993|
|5||Jeffrey C. Vogel||2012-|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Wyoming + Department + of + Audit + Director
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Wyoming
Department of Audit
Herschler Building, 3rd Floor East Wing
122 West 25th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-6663
Fax: (307) 777-5341
- Wyoming Department of Audit, "Welcome to the Department of Audit," accessed June 15, 2012
- Wyoming Department of Audit, "About" Accessed January 30, 2013
- Wyoming Business Report, "Vogel new director of Wyoming Department of Audit" Accessed January 30, 2013
- Wyoming Statutes, "Title 9, Chapter 2, Article 20," accessed August 2, 2013
- Wyoming Statutes, "Title 9, Chapter 2, Article 20.03," accessed August 2, 2013
- Wyoming Department of Administration and Information, "Department Budget Summary Department of Audit 2013-2014," accessed April 2, 2013
- Council of State Governments, Table 4.11 Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries, accessed January 31, 2014
- The Wyoming Banker, "December 2011," accessed August 2, 2013
- Wyoming State Library, "Personal communication with Wyoming Library Statewide Information Services," August 2, 2013