Difference between revisions of "Wyoming school districts"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Wyoming''' is home to
'''Wyoming''' is home to school districts, schools and ,K-12 students.<ref name=Wyoming>[http://www2.ed.gov/about/inits/ed/edfacts/state-profiles/wyoming.pdf ''U.S. Department of Education,'' "2012 EDFacts State Profile," Accessed August 8, 2013]</ref>
|Line 85:||Line 64:|
[[Category:State school district portals]]
[[Category:State school district portals]]
Revision as of 13:09, 24 March 2014
|K-12 Education in Wyoming|
|State Superintendent: Cindy Hill|
|Number of students: 90,099|
|Number of teachers: 7,847|
|Teacher/pupil ratio: 1:11.5|
|Number of school districts: 61|
|Number of schools: 354|
|Graduation rate: 79%|
|Per-pupil spending: $15,849|
|Wyoming Department of Education|
Wyoming school districts
List of school districts in Wyoming
School boards portal
|Education policy project|
|Public education in the United States |
Public education in Wyoming
Glossary of education terms
Wyoming is home to 61 school districts, 354 schools and 90,099 K-12 students.
- Ron Micheli, Chairman
- Scotty Ratliff, Vice Chair
- Pete Gosar, Treasurer
- Sue Belish
- Kathy Coon
- Matt Garland
- Hugh Hageman
- Ken Rathburn
- Gerald Reichardt
- Walt Wilcox
- Belenda Wilson
The following list details the racial demographics of Wyoming schools according to the U.S. Department of Education:
|Race||% of Wyoming students|
|Two or more||1|
School board elections
- See also: Wyoming school board elections, 2014
A total of two Wyoming school districts among America's largest school districts by enrollment held elections in 2014 for eight seats. Each district held elections on November 4, 2014.
Here are several quick facts about Wyoming's school board elections in 2014:
- The largest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Laramie County School District 1 with 13,171 K-12 students.
- The smallest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Natrona County Schools with 12,153 K-12 students.
- Natrona County Schools and Laramie County School District 1 had an equal number of seats on the ballot in 2014 with four seats up for election.
The districts listed below served 25,324 K-12 students during the 2010-2011 school year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Click on the district names for more information on the district and its school board elections.
|2014 Wyoming School Board Elections|
|District||Date||Seats up for election||Total board seats||Student enrollment|
|Laramie County School District 1||11/4/2014||4||7||13,171|
|Natrona County Schools||11/4/2014||4||9||12,153|
- List of school districts in Montana
- Superintendent of Schools
- Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Table 2. Number of operating public schools and districts, state enrollment, teacher and pupil/teacher ratio by state: School year 2011–12," accessed March 18, 2014
- ED Data Express, "State Tables Report," accessed March 17, 2014 The site includes this disclaimer: "States converted to an adjusted cohort graduation rate [starting in the 2010-2011 school year], which may or may not be the same as the calculation they used in prior years. Due to the potential differences, caution should be used when comparing graduation rates across states."
- United States Census Bureau, "Public Education Finances: 2011," accessed March 18, 2014
- U.S. Department of Education, "2012 EDFacts State Profile," Accessed August 8, 2013
- Wyoming Department of Education, "State Board Members," Accessed August 8, 2013
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Elementary/Secondary Information System," accessed March 21, 2014
State of Wyoming
List of Wyoming ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Department of Audit Director | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Workforce Services | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Wyoming Department of Education | Wyoming school districts |