Yvette D. Clarke
|Yvette D. Clark|
|U.S. House, New York, District 11|
|January 3, 2007-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|New York City Council|
|Bachelor's||Oberlin College (did not complete degree)|
|Birthday||November 21, 1964|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, New York|
|Profession||Economic Development Specialist|
|Religion||African Methodist Episcopal|
Prior to her election to the New York City Council, Clarke served as Director of Business Development for the Bronx Empowerment Zone (BOEDC). 
Clarke serves on the following committees:
- Homeland Security Committee
- Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies (Ranking Member)
- Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations, and Management
- Small Business Committee
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access
- Subcommittee on Contracting and Workforce
Percentage voting with party
The website Open Congress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Yvette D. Clarke has voted with the Democratic Party 93.2% of the time, which ranked 84th among the 192 House Democratic members as of December 2011.
Clarke is running for re-election in 2012, but due to New York's redistricting, she is running in the newly redrawn 9th district.
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 11 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Yvette D. Clarke Incumbent||83.5%||104,297|
|Republican||Hugh C. Carr||8.7%||10,858|
2010U.S. House in 2010 for a third term. Her campaign committee raised a total of $732,674 and spent $714,585.
|U.S. House, New York, 2010 - Yvette D. Clarke Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Yvette D. Clarke's campaign committee|
|American Postal Workers Union||$11,500|
|American Assn for Justice||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Machinists/Aerospace Workers Union||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$46,500|
|Building Trade Unions||$35,750|
|Securities & Investment||$28,050|
Clarke currently resides in the neighborhood where she grew up, the Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
- U.S. Representative Yvette Clarke official U.S. House site
- Yvette Clarke for Congress official campaign site
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media coverage:
- ↑ Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "CLARKE, Yvette Diane, (1964 - )"
- ↑ Yvette D. Clarke For Congress "About Yvette Clarke"
- ↑ U.S. Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke, Proudly Serving New York's 11th District "Committee Assignments"
- ↑ Open Congress "Voting With Party"
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ Open Secrets "Yvette D. Clarke 2010 Election Data," Accessed December 16, 2011
- ↑ U.S. Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke, Proudly Serving New York's 11th District "Biography"
|U.S. House of Representatives - New York District 11
| Succeeded by|
|New York City Council
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |