Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 43|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 35|
|2005 - 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
|J.D.||University of Texas Law School, 1996|
Yvonne is a practicing attorney. She has worked as Assistant Attorney General of Texas, Legal Counsel for the Texas Workforce Commission, and researcher for the Texas State House of Representatives. She is a member of the Alice Counseling Center, Brush Country Cattlewomen's Association, Coastal Bend Women Lawyers Association, Community Action Incorporated, and the Texas Democratic Women Association.
Toureilles' campaign site outlines a number of issues important to her campaign:
Agriculture Excerpt:"As Chair of the House Agriculture & Livestock Committee, Yvonne has been a leader for South Texas farmers. She fought for – and won – important new protections for landowners, and she worked to pass tax relief for farmers and ranchers."
Economy Excerpt:"Yvonne stood strong against raising taxes on our small businesses so they can invest more in creating jobs and she was successful in bringing $500,000 to Coastal Bend College for nursing programs. She stood up for small and rural communities to ensure that their infrastructure projects will continue to receive funding."
Energy Resources Excerpt:"As a member of the influential House Energy Resources Committee, Yvonne has worked on issues that relate to universal bonding on oil and gas operators, the economic consequences on the number of abandoned wells placed into the Oil Cleanup Fund, and the feasibility of offering economic incentives to promote the plugging of inactive wells by operators."
Public Education Excerpt:"The daughter of a retired public schoolteacher, Yvonne has a unique understanding of the critical needs of our public schools and the role our schools play in the economic success of not just our students, but our state. That is why she has worked to protect school funding, as well as to make the path to college affordable for our students."
- HB 139 - Relating to the creation of the offense of unlawful transport of an undocumented person
- HB 455 - Relating to creating an offense for the trapping of wild deer by a deer breeder and to the civil and criminal consequences of engaging in certain conduct associated with deer breeding; providing penalties.
- HB 2574 - Relating to eligibility to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office in this state.
- HB 2582 - Relating to the production and taxation of renewable diesel fuel.
Toureilles ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 43. Toureilles defeated Gabriel Zamora in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by incumbent J.M. Lozano (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||J.M. Lozano Incumbent||51.5%||24,074|
|Democratic||Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles||48.5%||22,629|
|Texas House of Representatives District 43 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles||70.6%||7,585|
Toureilles ran for re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from District 35 in 2010. She was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and was defeated by Republican challenger Jose Aliseda in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 35 |
2010 General election results
|Jose Aliseda (R)||15,324||52.81%|
|Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles (D)||13.692||47.18%|
Toureilles raised $107,288 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 35 (2008)|
|Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles (D)||29,458|
Toureilles raised $413,167 for her campaign while Esparaza raised $300,358 and Elmer raised $0.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 35 (2006)|
|Yvonne Gonzales Toureilles (D)||16,042|
|Michael Esparza (R)||12,780|
|Edward Elmer (L)||1,623|
Toureilles raised $394,991 for her campaign while Opiela raised $203,328.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 35 (2004)|
|Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles (D)||23,165|
|Eric Opiela (R)||22,316|
Her six largest contributors in 2010 are:
|Elizondo II, Andres||$9,000|
|Johnson, Robert E||$2,500|
In the 2008 election, Toureilles raised a total of $107,288.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Texans for Insurance Reform||$3,827|
|American Electric Power||$3,000|
In the 2006 election, Toureilles raised a total of $413,167. 
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Texans For Insurance Reform||$83,596|
|House Democratic Campaign CMTE of Texas||$66,514|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$30,500|
In the 2004 election, Toureilles raised a total of $394,991. 
Her five largest contributors in 2004 were:
|Texans For Insurance Reform||$100,367|
|Fleming & Associates||$36,732|
|Texas Trial Lawyers Association||$26,580|
|Watts Law Firm||$20,233|
|Gutierrez, Baldemar F||$15,354|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Yvonne + Toureilles + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Follow The Money, Campaign Contributions: 20102008, 2004
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 35 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus
- Yvonne Gonzales Toureilles on Facebook
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Toureilles
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 35 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Texas House official election results for 2006
- District 35 Texas House candidate funds, 2006
- Texas House official election results for 2004
- District 35 Texas House candidate funds, 2004
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions to Yvonne Gonzalez Toureilles
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2004 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |